Sunday 10 August 2008

Lush Music Interlude

Phew! That last post was heavy going. To mark an interlude before posting recommences I'd like to share this gem with the blogging public.

Who remembers the KLF? You know, the anarcho-dance terrorist collective who released the all time classics
Last Train to Transcentral and 3am Eternal in the early 90s? Well, in between their spoof hit, Doctorin' the Tardis and their later chart success, they put out a rather super sexy swingin' slice of bop-tastic loveliness that more or less went straight into the Woolies' bargain bins upon release. Since then it has lain dormant and generally unknown ... until the magic of youtube has brought it back from musical hell. And here it is, my old tune of the week, the KLF with Kylie Said to Jason.

5 comments:

Charlie Marks said...

Lush as in drunk or lush as in luscious?

Delightful, puts me in mind of Billy Mackenzie for some reason...

Tom Powdrill said...

what about It's Grim Up North? classic

Karl-Marx-Straße said...

I had, as a kid, the same piano teacher as one of the KLF, *and* they recorded Doctor'in The Tardis behind our newsagents and to the side of the local trades' hall.

Phil said...

That is a claim to fame and a half. Sadly I have no musical ones. Ho hum.

It is a pity 'Kylie said to Jason' did nothing when it was released. I'm sure if it was picked up by Radio 1 at the time it would have been a top ten smash for sure.

Anonymous said...

I love the KLF, enough that I've even managed to read about four chapters of Bad Wisdom by Bill Drummond. And that's a lot, believe me.